Author: Laura Doerr with Ways to my Heart
Serving size: 4
4 oz dark chocolate 60%-70% cocoa
1/2 tbsp butter unsalted
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
3 tbsp granulated sugar extra fine if possible
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp cinnamon
Additional topping options
fresh raspberries or strawberries
1. Separate the whites and yolks. Place yolks in a small bowl, whisk together and set aside. Add the whites to a
mixing bowl. Set aside.
2. In a microwave safe bowl combine the dark chocolate chunks and butter, microwave in 30 second increments,
stirring in-between each until fully melted. Stir the cayenne pepper and cinnamon into the chocolate. Taste for
spice level. Note that once all ingredients are combined the spice level will be less recognizable, so don't panic if you think it's too spicy. I actually add a little extra spice to mine!
3. Beat the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
4. Add the sugar to the egg whites and beat or whisk until you have firm peaks (the peak should have a droopy
hat look but be firm). I recommend using either a stand mixer or electric hand mixer, but if you want an arm
workout you can whisk by hand!
5. Gently fold the egg yolks into the heavy whipped cream using a spatula. Pour chocolate (should be lukewarm)
in the cream and yolk mixture. Fold another 8 times.
6. Add about 1/3 of the egg whites into the chocolate mixture, fold until incorporated. Pour the chocolate mixture into the rest of the egg whites. Fold together, about 10-12 folds.
7. Divide into serving bowls and refrigerate for 3-5 hours. Before serving, garnish with optional toppings. Toffee
and raspberry are my favorite! Enjoy!