Author: Laura Doerr with Ways to my Heart
Serving size: 4
· 1 1/2 lbs baby red potatoes washed
· 1/2 cup sour cream
· 4 oz cream cheese
· 3 tbsp butter
· 2 tbsp fresh chives chopped
· 1+ tsp seasoned salt
· black pepper
1. Chop potatoes so they are all similar in size. Some baby reds are small enough that you can leave them whole. Add them to a large pot and cover with cold water. Bring pot of potatoes to a boil, reduce heat to med-high and cook potatoes until fork tender, about 15 minutes depending on size.
2. Drain water from the pot, put pot of potatoes back on stove over low heat. Add sour cream, cream cheese, butter, chives, seasoned salt, and pepper. Using a masher, smash potatoes until you reach desired potato consistency. If more liquid is needed you can always add a splash of milk or more butter.
3. Taste for seasoning, add more seasoned salt and pepper as needed. Enjoy!