Author: Laura Doerr with Ways to my Heart
Makes 4 burgers
1 lb ground beef, 80/20
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
½ tbsp Olivelle Sweet Smoked Chili Rub (plus more for seasoning)
½ tsp black pepper
1 onion, chopped
4 slices pepper jack cheese
4 brioche buns, toasted
For the chipotle aioli:
½ cup mayo
½ tsp Olivelle Sweet Smoked Chili Rub
2 tbsp chipotles in adobo
1. In a small food processor or blender, combine the aioli ingredients and pulse until well
combined. Set aside or refrigerate until ready to use.
2. Add chopped onion to a medium skillet over medium heat. Drizzle with olive oil and sauté for
about 10-15 minutes, or longer depending on how charred you like them. Season with salt and
pepper. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl combine the ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, Olivelle rub, and black
pepper. Gently stir with a wooden spoon, or with hands until combined, but do not overmix.
Divide into 4 equal parts and form patties. Sprinkle both sides of each patty with additional
4. Preheat grill or skillet, cook burgers about 3-4 minutes per side, or until you reach your desired
doneness. Top with cheese slices just before the burgers are done.
5. Spread each toasted bun with chipotle aioli, and assemble burgers with fresh sliced tomatoes,
lettuce, and sautéed onions.
Make a double batch of the chipotle aioli, makes for an awesome French fry dip!