Author: Liz Bergstrom and Jen from Saltlickers
In-Store Demonstration on Saturday, January 12, 2019
Saltlickers Bangla-Dash Mixed Nuts
6 cups unsalted nuts, we used pecans and almonds
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons water
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1 tablespoon Saltlickers Bangla-Dash
1. Preheat oven 350* and prepare a half-sheet baking pan with a Silpat
2. In a big bowl, mix oil, water, maple syrup and Bangla-Dash together
3. Add nuts and stir.
4. Spread nuts evenly over your baking pan. Bake 25 minutes.
Roasted Beetamatterhorn Hummus
1 ½ pounds roasted, skinned beets
1 can chickpeas drained
3 cloves garlic
4 tablespoons orange juice
2 tablespoons tahini
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon Whattamatterhorn
1. Whip it up in a food processor!
GGX Cashew Cheeze
1 ½ cups cashews
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
2-3 teaspoon Grilla Gorilla or GGX to taste
1-1.5 teaspoon Dijon mustard to taste
3/4 cup water
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1. Throw all the ingredients into a food processor or Ninja with the yeast and spices on top. Fire the machine up and process until smooth.
CY Salt Cheese Crackers
7 ounces extra-sharp white cheddar cheese
1 oz grated parmesan cheese
1 1/2 cups gluten free all purpose flour, (Pamela’s)
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon CY Salt
8 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces and chilled
3-6 Tablespoons water
1. In a food processor with grater attachment, shred cheese. Remove and set aside. Switch to blade attachment and process flour, cornstarch, CY Salt, about 30 seconds. 2. Add butter and process again, 30 seconds, mixture will look like wet sand. While processor is running add water until dough forms together. Transfer to counter and divide in halve. Roll into logs and wrap tightly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate 2 hours, or up to 3 days. Can be frozen.
3. Pre-heat oven to 350’. Line sheet pans with silpat. Slice cheese logs 1/4 inch thick.
4. Bake 22-30 minutes. Cool.
**To make Herky Perky crackers substitute Smoked cheddar for white cheddar and parmesan cheeses. Use Herky Perky seasoning instead of CY Salt.
1/2 cup Hibiscus Tea
1/4 cup lime juice (1 lime)
1/2 cup pineapple shrub**
1 ½ oz tequila or sparkling water
ChaChaLima, or Iowa Nice
1. Mix and chill 2 hours or overnight, serve over ice
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
1/2 pineapple sliced into wedges
2 tablespoons white vinegar
1. Heat water and super in saucepan until simmering and all sugar is dissolved.
2. Remove from heat and add pineapple. Return to low heat and simmer for 10 min. turn off heat and let sit for 20-30 min. Strain, discard pineapple. Add vinegar. Chill. Will keep for very long time.