Author: Laura Doerr, Ways To My Heart
Serving Size: 2
1/4 cup plain Greek Yogurt
1/4 cup yellow mustard
1/4 cup honey
1/2 tbsp fresh tarragon chopped
1 tbsp fresh dill chopped
1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
2 thick cut bone-in pork chops
fresh ground black pepper
4 tbsp unsalted butter
2 shallots sliced
1. In a medium bowl whisk together the yogurt, mustard, and honey until smooth. Stir in chopped fresh herbs. Set aside or refrigerate until ready to use.
2. Season both sides of the pork chops with seasoned salt and fresh black pepper.
3. In a large skillet melt butter over med-high heat. Add shallots. Cook shallots until brown and slightly crispy. Remove the shallots onto a paper towel lined plate.
4. Add seasoned pork chops to hot skillet. Cook on med to med-high for 7 minutes. Add additional butter if needed. Flip and cook on the other side for about 7 minutes. This will give you med-well chops if they are about 2 inches thick. Using a spoon, baste the chops with the butter.
5. Just before they are done cooking, spoon a desired amount of the honey mustard over the chops to warm through. Remove from heat and let the chops rest for about 5 minutes before serving. Serve with additional honey mustard sauce, and top with crispy shallots.
If you like a well done chop cook a couple minutes longer per side. It will all depend on your pan temperature as well. Pork Chops can safely be eaten when cooked to 145 degrees, or 160 for well done.