Author: Hyon Lipetzky (Mindy's mom!)
Growing up, we didn't have a lot of money but this is a meal that is cheap, delicious and simple. I also used this recipe a lot while in college when I didn't have a lot of time between school and part-time jobs.
1 Package Ballpark Beef hotdogs, sliced
1 yellow onion, diced
~1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
~1 1/2 tablespoons Sugar
~1 teaspoon Soy Sauce (low sodium)
Splash of Sesame seeds
1. Heat non-stick fry pan with Sesame Oil to medium heat
2. Add sliced hotdogs and onion
3. As onions become translucent, add sugar and soy sauce. Turn stove up between medium and medium high heat to allow for caramelization.
4. Throw in Sesame seeds and black pepper, stir
5. Cook until caramelized. Taste better a little burnt!
6. Serve with rice!
1. Your pan will become pretty burnt with stuck on ingredients on it, after you are done cooking, add water to your fry pan and boil. Once the water comes to a boil, shut off your stove and let sit while you eat. The pan should become clean, just wash with soap and it should be pretty clean.
2. Great for left overs. Portion out for other meals.