Author: 5/12/2018 In-Store Demo with Liz Bergstrom & Jacque Uthe
2 15oz cans of unsalted garbanzo beans, drained, reserve liquid
2 Tbsp Tahini paste
2+ Tbsp lemon juice
1 clove garlic, or more if you like
2-3 tsp sea salt
1-2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1. With the blade running in your food processor add garlic clove/cloves and let them spin.
2. Stop processor and add beans, tahini, lemon juice and half the salt, and pepper. Turn processor on low and slowing add 1-2 Tbsp reserved liquid.** Increase speed to high, and add as much liquid as you like. The longer you process the smoother the hummus will get. Salt to taste.
3. Place hummus in serving dish and sprinkle with a dash of paprika and drizzle extra virgin olive oil on top. 4. Serve with fresh veggies or toasted pita bread.
** at this point you can add other ingredients such as; roasted red peppers, sun-dried tomatoes and basil, or switch the lemon for lime and add avocado cilantro and chili pepper. The combinations are really only limited to your imagination!
SPINACH AND ARTICHOKE HUMMUS
2 cans of Cannelloni beans, (white kidney beans), drained and rinsed, reserving juice
2 10oz pkg. frozen spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
1 12oz jar marinated artichokes, drained reserving juice
juice of 1/2 lemon
1 clove of garlic, pressed
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese, (optional)
1. Add beans, spinach, artichokes, lemon and garlic to bowl of food processor. Mix on low and add reserved liquid one Tbsp at a time until you reach desired consistency. Salt and pepper to taste.
2. Mix in cheese by hand if using.
CHOCOLATE CHIP HUMMUS
1 can garbanzo beans, drained, (reserving liquid) rinsed, and skins removed.
1 pinch of sea salt
2 smidgens of baking soda
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup almond butter
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1/3 cup chocolate chips
1. In the bowl of food processor, blend all but the chocolate chips. Add reserved liquid, 1 tsp at a time until desired consistency, (I use a small amount so the dip is thick like real cookie dough).
2. Mix in chocolate chips by hand.
3. Serve with graham crackers, apple slices or pretzels.
CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT HUMMUS
I 15oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup almond butter
1/4 tsp hazelnut extract
2 Tbsp good quality cocoa powder
pinch of salt
1. Blend all ingredients in food processor.
2. Serve with pretzels and fresh fruit, strawberries are the best!