Author: Laura Doerr with Ways to my Heart
Serving Size: 4
· 11oz thin crust pizza dough
· 3 tbsp fig jam
· 1 tbsp lemon juice
· 1/2 medium yellow onion sliced
· 1 clove garlic minced
· 1+ tbsp olive oil
· 1 bundle fresh asparagus chopped
· 3 oz sliced prosciutto
· 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
· 3 oz goat cheese
· drizzle balsamic glaze optional
· salt and pepper
· chopped fresh parsley optional
1. In a medium skillet, add a drizzle of olive oil and sliced onions. Cook over med to med-high heat until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in chopped asparagus and cook for another 5 minutes. Add in minced garlic and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat, set aside.
2. If using store bought crust, follow the baking instructions on the package for pre-baking the crust. This helps to keep it crispy once it is fully baked.
3. In a small bowl stir together the fig jam, lemon juice and 1 tbsp of olive oil.
4. Once the crust has pre-baked, spread the fig jam mixture over the crust, if you need it to go further, drizzle crust with more olive oil. Arrange the asparagus and onion mixture over the fig jam, and then sprinkle with shredded mozzarella. Next, arrange the sliced prosciutto over the pizza by balling or rolling each slice up. Lastly, sprinkle with goat cheese crumbles. Bake for the additional minutes as directed on the crust package, or until crust is golden crispy and cheese is melted.
5. Drizzle with balsamic glaze if desired and fresh parsley. Slice and serve!
I have found fig preserves at World Market and Target, but look online ahead to check stock.
Any type of pizza dough, crust, or flatbread would be great with this recipe, the baking instructions, and topping quantities will just vary based on your crust choice.