Author: Laura Doerr with Ways to my Heart
Serving Size: 8
10.75 oz pound cake, thawed
20 Oreo cookies crushed
1 quart cookies and cream ice cream, slightly softened
1/2 cup dark chocolate sauce
1. Line a loaf pan with plastic wrap with enough to easily cover the completed cake once filled. *measurements
and order of layers isn't going to make or break the recipe, use your best judgement!
2. Slice the pound cake horizontally in half. Trim any areas to make sure all sides are flat.
3. Arrange 1/3 of the crushed Oreo cookies on the bottom of the loaf pan. Press 1/3 of the ice cream into the pan over the cookies. Drizzle with some of the chocolate sauce, add one of the pound cakes. Top pound cake with more chocolate sauce (this is the only step on the order that is semi-important. Without the chocolate sauce the pound cake pulls away when slicing and eating).
4. Repeat the layers, you'll have 2 layers of pound cake, and 3 layers of ice cream. You should end with ice cream on top, topped with crushed cookies. Press firmly after each layer.
5. Wrap tightly with the plastic wrap, and cover with additional wrap or foil if needed. Freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight. Drizzle with additional chocolate sauce if desired. Slice and serve.
Loaf pan sized pound cake can be found in the dessert freezer section at most grocery stores.
I used a dark chocolate sauce found by the ice cream toppings, and heated it up slightly to make it more pliable.
Layers do not need to be perfect or in a special order, it will taste good either way!