Author: Lia Soneson
Makes 3 mini tea loaves
Quick breads easily live up to their name – quick, and delicious! And, these Coconut Cran-Lime Tea Loaves are a festive quick bread for enjoying this holiday season. Make some, share some, freeze some, and eat some!
Tea Loaf Ingredients:
2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1-1/2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoons salt
Zest from 2 limes (save some for garnishing)
1-1/4 cups coconut milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 cup cranberries
For the Lime Glaze:
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 tablespoon coconut milk
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
2. Prepare 3 mini loaf pans by spraying with nonstick baking floured spray
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: mix the flour, coconut flakes, sugar, baking powder, salt, and lime zest.
4. In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients: whisk together the eggs, coconut milk, and vanilla extract.
5. Melt the butter, let it cool slightly, then add to the wet ingredients.
6. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, mixing until just combined. Be sure not to over-mix the batter.
7. Prepare the cranberries by sorting, washing, pat drying, and tossing all with 1/2 tablespoon of flour. TIP: Coating the cranberries with flour before adding to the batter keeps them from sinking to the bottom of the bread.
8. Carefully stir the floured cranberries into the batter.
9. Pour the batter into the prepared pans. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out cleanly.
10. Cool the bread in the pan for 10 minutes, then carefully remove from the pan, and finish cooling directly on a cooling rack.
11. Mix the glaze ingredients together in a small bowl. Add more liquid as needed to reach the correct consistency. Drizzle the bread with the lime glaze and sprinkle with additional lime zest and coconut flakes. Enjoy!