Updated: Dec 1, 2018
Author: Margaret Welder, in-store demonstration 12/1/2018
Frosted Peanut Toffee Drops (Yields 4-5 dozen)
1 cup butter, softened
1-1/2 cups brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp. Vanilla
2 cups flour
2 tsp. Baking powder
1 cup quick cooking oatmeal
1 cup chopped salted nuts
1⁄2 cup toffee bits
1. Cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
2. Combine the flour and baking powder and add to the butter/egg mixture.
3. Add the oatmeal, nuts and toffee last, beating just until mixed in.
4. Drop by teaspoon/tablespoon onto parchment lined baking sheets. Bake in a 350° oven for about 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks.
5. Frost with following frosting and sprinkle with chopped nut/toffee mix.
Peanut Butter Frosting
1⁄2 cup peanut butter
3 cups powdered sugar
1/3-1/2 cup milk
2 Tbsp. Each of chopped salted peanuts and toffee bits
1. Combine the peanut butter and sugar. Add milk until spreading consistency.
2. Combine the salted peanuts and toffee bits. Set aside to sprinkle of top of frosted cookies.
Ultimate Chocolate Mocha Thumbprint Cookies (Yields 2 1⁄2 dozen)
1⁄2 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup sugar
1 large egg, separated
2 Tbsp. Milk
1 Tbsp. Instant coffee
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 cup flour
1/3 cup baking cocoa
1⁄4 tsp. Salt
1 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts
1. Cream butter and sugar and egg yolk until fluffy.
2. Dissolve coffee in the milk and add it and vanilla to the butter/sugar mix.
3. Stir the flour, cocoa and salt together and add to cookie mixture. Cream well.
4. Chill is needed to form into balls.
5. Beat egg white until frothy. Roll the balls in the egg white and then in the nuts. Place in a parchment lined baking sheet. Using the handle of a wooden spoon make an indentation in the center of each.
6. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until the center is set. Gently press the center down after removing from the oven and cool on wire rack.
2 Tbsp. Butter, softened
3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
1 Tbsp. Half and half
1⁄4 tsp. Vanilla
1 1⁄2 tsp. White corn syrup,
11-oz. Square chocolate (melted)
Chocolate Candy Kisses
1. Cream everything together and put in a pipping bag. Fill the center of each cookie and top with a chocolate candy kiss.