Author: Laura Doerr, Ways To My Heart
Serving Size: 2 Sandwiches
Ingredients: 4 slices sourdough bread4 slices bacon cooked1 1/2 cup chicken rough chopped1/2 tbsp BBQ seasoning such as Grill Matesblack pepper2 slices cheddar cheese1 avocado sliced2-3 tbsp butter or margarine1/4 cup BBQ sauce1/4 cup ranch dressingsriracha optional
1. In a small bowl combine the bbq sauce and ranch dressing. Add desired amount of sriracha if looking for a little kick.
2. In another bowl, combine chopped chicken, bbq seasoning, black pepper and 1 tbsp of the bbq/ranch mixture. Stir until well combined.
3. Assemble the sandwiches: spread some of the sauce onto all four slices of bread. Place half the chicken on one slice of bread, and half on another. Top the chicken with a slice of cheese, followed by avocado slices, finished with 2 slices of bacon on each sandwich. Top with other slice of bread.
4. Preheat flat-top skillet over med-high heat. Spread tops of sandwiches with butter or margarine. Place buttered side down onto the heated skillet. Butter other side of sandwich. Cook until golden and crispy, flip and cook other side until golden and crispy.
5. Serve with any remaining bbq/ranch sauce for dipping. Yum!
You could use leftover chicken breast, turkey, or even chicken strips in this recipe. This would also make a great wrap, hot or cold! I love a grilled wrap, they get a nice crispy outside, it's delish! You can grill it indoors just like you would a grilled cheese on a flat top.