Saturday, December 8, 2018 In-Store Demo: Chef Donna Prizgintas from DonnaLonna Kitchen on KHOI and Coffee from Morning Bell Coffee Roasters
· 2 large organic eggs
· 1 cup cane sugar
· 2 teaspoons freshly ground Ceylon cinnamon
· 1/4 teaspoon China cinnamon
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
· Mix above ingredients together
· 2 cups whole wheat PASTRY flour
· 1/2 teaspoon each of baking powder and baking soda
· 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
· Mix the dry ingredients together and then combine with the wet mix.
· 1/2 cup Northern Missouri pecan pieces
· 1/2 cup organic currents
· Add these to the dough mixture
1. Lightly grease a cookie sheet, and with wet hands form the dough into a long loaf, about two inches wide. Bake at 350 for twenty minutes or until the loaf is firm when tapped.
2. Remove from the sheet and cut into slim, finger wide biscotti. Reduce the oven to 250 and lay the biscotti side by side on the sheet and return to the oven, baking five minutes on each side until they reach a desirable crispness.