Author: Lauren Grant of Zestful Kitchen
This quick-to-fix chicken sheet pan dinner is the ideal weeknight meal. Flavorful, healthy and
incredibly satisfying. Plus, all of the components can be prepped ahead of time, which means
this is also a great recipe to add to your weekly meal prep!
Makes 4 servings
Takes 30 minutes
1 pound broccoli, cut into florets
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1½ teaspoons salt, divided
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes, divided
¼ cup apricot preserves
2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
1¼ pound chicken tenders (8 tenders)
¼ cup diced dried apricots
2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
Lemon wedges for serving
1. Heat oven to 425° with rack set in middle position.
2. In a large bowl, toss together broccoli, 1 tablespoon oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon red
pepper flakes; transfer broccoli to a baking sheet.
3. In now empty bowl whisk together preserves, remaining tablespoon oil, garlic, Dijon, thyme,
remaining 1 teaspoon salt and remaining ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes for the glaze.
4. Nestle chicken among broccoli on sheet; brush chicken with half of the glaze.
5. Roast broccoli and chicken for 10 minutes then brush chicken with remaining glaze and stir
broccoli. Continue to roast until an instant-read thermometer, inserted in the thickest part of the
chicken tender, registers 165°, about 10 minutes more.
6. Sprinkle apricots and almonds over the chicken and broccoli and serve with lemon wedges.